Lessons Fees 2017-2018
The lessons fees listed below will be in effect for the 2015-16 school year. As usual, notebooks, staff paper, and worksheets for theory and improvisation, two practice recitals, Winter and Spring Recitals are all included in the monthly lesson charge.
Eric Sakumura and Assistants
- 1 hour group lesson $70.00 per month*
- 1/2 hour group lesson $40.00 per month*
- 1/2 hour lesson weekly $96.00 per month*
- 1/2 hour lesson weekly $92.00 per month*
Laura King, Rachel Wilder
- 1/2 hour weekly $88.00 per month*
All other teachers
- 1/2 hour lesson weekly $83.00 per month*
*There is a $12/month discount for each additional family member. ($7/month for 1/2-hour classes)
You will be e-mailed monthly statements that contain monthly lesson fees and any credits or balance due from previous months. We will also email a monthly newsletter with lesson and recital information.
Music Library/Registration Fee
One time per year charge $25.00($45.00/Family)
Music Library Fee:
For the past several years we have been using a Music Library to provide our students with Method books, Duet books and Sightreading books. We have found this to be quite useful because we are able to use a number of different methods. Each method stresses different types of reading skills and we believe that our students benefit from the variety of approaches. It also greatly reduces the number of books that a student needs to purchase.
Note: The library fee does not include solo material that the student may order through their teacher.
Policy for Missed Lessons
If you must miss a lesson, please give us as much advance notice as possible.
For Group Lessons
- We will try to find an opening in another class at the same level but at a different time during the week.
- We will mail out the lesson assignment sheet and music for the week the student missed.
For Private lessons
- We will try to schedule a make-up lesson later in the week or a different week.
- Only two lessons can be made up per semester.
We reserve the right to cancel one lesson per year with no fee adjustment if the weather conditions will not permit safe travel.
We will adjust monthly lesson fees for the following reasons:
- The student has an extended illness or injury which lasts more than two weeks.
- If the teacher cancels or misses a lesson.