Lawrence Piano Studio Notes
May 1, 2016
Spring Recital Info:
Second Practice Recital:
All students should be scheduled for the Second Practice Recital on May 8th, 9th 10th or 11th. The 2nd practice recital will be held in the lower lobby of the Lawrence Arts Center.
All students should be scheduled for the Spring Recital, May 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th or 18th. The Spring Recital will be held in the main theater at the Lawrence Arts Center.
I will post all the Spring Recitals on my website: www.lawrencepiano.com after May 8th. Please visit the website to double check your scheduled recital time.
If in the upcoming weeks you have a conflict with either the 2nd Practice Recital time or the Spring Recital time, please call me at 842-2182 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will try to arrange a different time so all students may participate.
More Spring Recital Info:
- All students WILL have their regularly scheduled lessons during the weeks of the practice recitals. Practice recitals are in addition to the regular lessons.
- I am requesting that cameras with flashes not be used during the recital. Please feel free to use camcorders or cameras without flashes during the recital. The piano will be available during the reception following the recital for any posed pictures you may want to take.
- Please consider carefully whether your younger children will be able to sit quietly during the 60 minutes of the recital.The students have worked very hard to learn and memorize their pieces, and they deserve an attentive audience.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start timeof your Spring Recital so we may warm up as a group.
- All fees for the Practice Recitals and the Spring Recital are included in your monthly billing, there is no additional charge.
Summer Lesson Information:
Summer is a great time to relax and take a few piano lessons! Many students find they have more time for practicing and are able to pick a couple “special” pieces to work on without having the pressures of school or recitals. Most summer students do not take lessons in August so they can have a break and be ready to play again in September.
This summer Lawrence Piano Studio will offer both week-long Beginning Piano workshops and private lessons.
Please see the “Summer Lesson info and Fall 2016 Enrollment” e-mail, sent out in April.
If you did not receive the email, please let me know, I will re-send it.
If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com or call me at 842-2182.
All fees for summer lessons are adjusted for the number of lessons you plan to attend; we can work around vacations and summer camps.
Enrolling Fall 2016:
If you would like to continue lessons in the Fall of 2016 please fill out the form at the bottom of the Summer Lesson info and Fall 2016 Enrollment sheet or e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesson Schedule for May 2016:
Week of May 8th:
All students have both a regular lesson (group or private) and a 2nd practice recital at the Lawrence Arts Center
Week of May 15th:
There are no regular lessons for any students (group or private) playing in the Spring Recital at the Lawrence Arts Center.
Students not playing in the Spring Recital will have a lesson the week of May 15-21. Your teacher may need to re-schedule this lesson if it conflicts with one of the teachers scheduled recitals.
Week of May 22nd:
All students will have one final lesson after the recital. We will listen to the recital recording and assign a couple pieces for the summer.
There are no regularly scheduled lessons the week of Memorial Day, May 29th – June 5th.
Summer lessons begin on June 6th.
Recital Practice Tips:
- Perform as much as possible. Play for friends, family, at school, or a recorder. The more you perform, the easier it gets.
- Always practice with your music, even after you have your pieces memorized. Continue to double-check dynamics, notes, rhythms and phrasing.
- I recommend on the day of the recital you warm up using the musicand only play from memory during the recital.
If you have any questions or concerns about lessons or recitals in the coming weeks please e-mail me at email@example.com or call 842-2182.
Lawrence Piano Studio May 2016 Newsletter